Scheduling and Getting Started
Choosing the right therapist is an important process and should be done with thought and consideration. I offer a free 15 minute phone consultation to determine if I am the right therapist for your particular situation. If we decide to meet, the first 1-3 sessions consist of:
- An evaluation to determine the nature of the problem
- Establishing a plan for the therapy going forward
- Determining together if we are a good therapy fit
Sessions are 50 minutes in length and are typically scheduled at the same time each week.
Rates and Insurance
Please contact me to discuss my current current rates. My fees are comparable to other experienced licensed clinical psychologists in the area. If you cannot afford my fee, I will try to recommend another therapist to you.
I am not currently on any insurance panels. If you have a PPO plan, you may be able to seek reimbursement for my services as out-of-network health provider. I can provide you with a monthly invoice that meets your insurance company’s requirements for out-of-network reimbursement. Psychotherapy expenses can be submitted to pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA’s) and Health Spending Accounts (HSAs).
Please check your coverage by asking your insurance company the following questions:
- Does the plan cover psychotherapy?
- Are out-of-network providers covered?
- What is the amount or percentage of sessions covered?
- Is there a limit on the number of sessions?
- What is my deductible?
- Is prior authorization required?
- What information is needed for reimbursement?
You are financially responsible for all of your scheduled appointments.
If you are unable to keep your appointment, please let me know as soon as possible so that we can attempt to reschedule. Because I set aside a weekly times, all appointments cancelled less than 48 hours in advance will be billed at the usual rate, unless we can reschedule during the same week.