When distressed couples seek out therapy, it is often due to relational patterns that are unproductive and painful. When a couple feels stuck in a long-term problematic dynamic, many find themselves unsure about how to reconnect with each other. Couple therapy can be useful to address relationship dynamics, communication, intimacy and attachment issues.
In a safe, fair, non-judgmental environment, I help couples communicate their deeper emotions, fears and wishes to their partner. By identifying destructive patterns and cycles of interaction, crises can be managed and stronger processes can be developed to address the inevitable challenges that every couple faces.
Couple Therapy Issues:
- Premarital counseling
- Issues of intimacy
- Conflicts about parenting
- Frequent fighting
- Negotiating different individual needs
- Outpatient practice in couple therapy
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy Training
- Training in Psychoanalytic Couples Therapy